FAQs for the Essential Skills Programme
1. What do I do if I miss a class?
Write to the Career Services Office with details about the missed class such as: date, session name, etc. They will try to allot you to the next available session (either in the same term, or the following term).
2. Do I have to attend all the sessions/classes of the ESK Programme?
Yes, you have to attend 24 sessions in total (4 modules x 6 topics )
3. I have missed classes and it is the end of the term. Do I have to register for this module again next term?
No, but you have to make up all the missed sessions in the next available slot in the next term and make sure all the 24 sessions are completed within 6 terms.
4. Do I have to complete all the class evaluations?
It is not absolutely mandatory, but ideally, yes.Evaluations help us assess if everything is going as it should be, and to identify problems.
5. Can we have access to the videos of the class?
Not all sessions are recorded. Watching the video is not equal to getting attendance for the missed class. Only if the instructor wants you to practise and expressly asks us to share the video, will it be shared later in the Google Classroom.
6. What if I have attended the class but due to an internet problem (or some other problem), I was not able to give attendance?
The Essential Skills Programme requires you to show you have attended all the sessions in order to show the requirement as completed. If your attendance has not been recorded, you will have to repeat the session in the next available opportunity.
7. How can we be sure if the faculty has marked us present?
If your attendance has not been recorded, the Career Services Office is supposed to reach out to you at some point to repeat the session in the next available opportunity.